The Project Architect is a licensed architect or non-registered graduate with experience in the design and management of education projects. The Senior Project Architect has overall responsibility, for all aspects of the project including the direction of the design. This position is full-time, salaried if licensed, and a hybrid/remote option may be available for this specific role.
- Responsible for the development and execution of the project design and leadership of the project team.
- Technical developments of the project including responsibility for detailing and specifications.
- Project Management of an in-house team and direct supervision of the development of the project, both in the BIM Model and 2D documentation, to ensure overall quality and accuracy. Includes development and monitoring of project work plan.
- Detailed coordination and supervision of consultant work to identify and resolve conflicts and design issues.
- Primary point of contact and responsible for communication with the client regarding the project in collaboration with the CA Project Manager and Associate.
- Responsible for compliance with all building codes, DSA (and other agency) procedures, related forms, applications, and processes.
- Training and mentorship of team members to grow their skillset and increase their knowledge.
These responsibilities are typical but are not all-encompassing. Each person is expected to work collaboratively as a team and to assist in any duties required to deliver a quality product on schedule, and within the project budget and the budgeted hours provided.
- Architectural License required.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in the field of Architecture, preferably with K-12 schools.
- Must be proficient in the use of BIM software and associated computer programs.
- Strong written, graphic, and verbal communication skills and experience communicating with clients and consultants.
- Knowledge of building codes, standards, and experience working with governmental agencies.
- Knowledge of sustainable design, construction materials, engineering disciplines, and construction techniques.
- Experience working collaboratively as part of a team.