We are looking for an Architecture school graduate working towards licensure. Junior designers assist in the development of design, technical solutions, production and project documentation under the supervision of an Architect.
This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position with an hourly rate of $30-34 per hour (wage is commensurate with relevant work experience). A hybrid/remote option may be available for this specific role.
- Constructing and maintaining the project BIM model(s) with collaboration with other team members and under the direction of the Job Captain and Project Architect/Designer
- Produce phase deliverable documents and presentation materials according to office standards and the direction of the Job Captain and Project Architect/Designer
- Contribute to the project design and technical resolution with support and direction of the Job Captain and Project Architect/Designer
- Assist the Job Captain with review and coordination of consultant BIM models and 2D work
- Research and develop new design concepts, materials, and trends. Coordinate officewide continuing education and standards updates with the Director of Practice and Construction Administration to incorporate them into projects
- Assistance with other project tasks as directed by the Job Captain and Project Architect/Designer
These responsibilities are typical but are not all-encompassing. Each person is expected to work collaboratively as a team and to assist in any duties required to deliver a quality product on schedule, and within the project budget and the budgeted hours provided.
Knowledge and Experience
- Architectural degree required
- Must be familiar with the use of BIM software and associated computer programs
- Good written, graphic, and verbal communication skills
- Interest in developing knowledge of sustainable design, construction materials, engineering disciplines, and construction techniques
- Experience collaborating with a team to produce superior design work