We are looking for an Architecture school graduate working towards licensure. Junior Designers assist in the development of design, technical solutions, production and project documentation under the supervision of an Architect/Project Designer.
This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position. The salary range starts at $66,560 and goes up to $76,960. Compensation for this position is based on experience, job-related knowledge/education, qualifications, and work location (Santa Rosa or Oakland, California). Flexible, hybrid schedule available for this specific role (24 hours/week working in the office).
- Constructing and maintaining the project BIM model(s) in collaboration with other team members and the direction of the Job Captain/Project Designer/Architect
- Produce phase deliverable documents and presentation materials according to office standards and the direction of the Job Captain/Project Designer/Architect
- Contribute to the project design and technical resolution with the support and direction of the Job Captain/Project Designer/Architect
- Assist the Job Captain with review and coordination of consultant BIM models and 2D work
- Assistance with other project tasks as directed by the Job Captain/Project Designer/Architect in collaboration with other members of the project team
- Research and develop new design concepts, materials, and trends. Coordinate office-wide continuing education and standards updates with the Director of Practice and Director of Construction Administration to incorporate them into projects
These responsibilities are typical but are not all-encompassing. Each person is expected to work collaboratively in a team environment and assist as required to deliver a quality product on schedule, within the project budget, and within the budgeted hours provided.
QKA understands there are different professional and career pathways for people. Whether your career path included college or if you learned on the job and through your own work experience, we want to talk with you about your specifics about this position.
- Architectural degree or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be familiar with the use of BIM software i.e. ArchiCAD, Revit, Bluebeam, and associated computer programs
- Good written, graphic, and verbal communication skills
- Interest in developing knowledge of sustainable design, construction materials, engineering disciplines, and construction techniques
- Experience collaborating with a team to produce superior design work