Working as an integrated part of the design team, the Interior Designer develops design solutions for K-12 and higher education projects. The main responsibility of this role is to translate ideas into innovative spaces through thoughtful, creative and functional design concepts that reflect our client’s goals and stay within the project parameters. The Interior Designer will help grow and develop the interior design studio within QKA.
This is a mid-level position with a pay range of $75,000/yr. – $93,000/yr. Salary is commensurate with relevant work experience and work location. This position reports to the Director of Design, is full-time, hourly and non-exempt. Flexible, hybrid schedule available for this specific role (24 hours/week working in the office).
- Lead the creative effort on education projects developing concepts and design presentation strategies.
- Work collaboratively with project teams, consultants, vendors, and product reps to promote an interdisciplinary approach and produce a successful design.
- Provide solutions to design problems and generate design alternatives.
- Perform assignments related to all phases of the project design development and documentation.
- Participate in the selection, presentation, and documentation of interior finishes, furniture, equipment (FF&E), color/material palettes, inspiration image boards, and concept lighting fixtures.
- Participate in the construction administration of projects by reviewing submittals and finish samples.
- Assist and be a resource to project teams in preparation of addenda and other documentation as necessary during construction administration.
These responsibilities are typical but are not all-encompassing. We work collaboratively in a team environment and assist as required to deliver a quality product on schedule, within the project budget, and budgeted hours provided.
QKA understands there are different professional and career pathways for people. Whether you are a person who went through a career path through college, or if you learned on the job and through your own work experience, we want to talk with you about your specifics in regard to this position. We are looking for someone with experience, expertise, and knowledge to add to our interior design team.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree from an accredited school in interior design or architecture
- Three to six years of interior design and/or architectural project experience
- Proficiency with industry-standard programs, including but not limited to ArchiCAD, Revit, Sketch-up, and Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Proficient understanding of sustainability, integrated design, and LEED guidelines
- LEED accreditation preferred
- Proficiency in Bluebeam Revu and Revit software and MS Office-based software
- Exceptional work ethic, attention to detail, and quality of work is required
- Must take initiative and work in a team environment