We are looking for Architecture school students working towards graduation. Our internship program is individually tailored to your skillset with a focus on your overall growth and exposure to architecture, interior design, and sustainable design. Summer Interns are assigned to a primary studio where they assist in the development of design, production, and project documentation under the supervision of a mentor/buddy and Project Architect/Designer.
This is a full-time, temporary, hourly, non-exempt position through the summer months. The hourly salary range starts at $25.00 per hour for the first year and $28.00 for returning Interns. Compensation for this position is based on experience, job-related knowledge/education, qualifications, and work location (Santa Rosa or Oakland, California).
- Assist with BIM Model(s) in collaboration with the other team members and at the direction of the Job Captain and Project Architect/Designer
- Produce phase deliverable documents and presentation materials according to office standards, project contract requirements, and the design direction of the Project Architect
- Leading the constructing and maintenance of the project BIM Model(s) at the direction of the Project Architect/Designer
- Review and coordinate the work of BIM Modelers and Junior Designers to ensure overall quality and accuracy of the BIM Model and 2D documentation and adherence to QKA standards
- Organize, collaborate with, and lead with other members of the project team in the production of BIM Model and 2D documentation
- Ensure compliance, in cooperation with the Project Architect/Designer, with all building codes, DSA (and other agency) procedures, related forms, applications, and processes
- Coordination of consultant work in cooperation with the Project Architect, including review and integration of 3D BIM Models and 2D work
- Attend job site meetings, issue supplemental instructions and RFI responses, process submittals and drawings review during Construction Administration
- Help to coach and mentor junior staff (1st year Interns), share experiences and lessons learned to increase the firm’s common knowledge
QKA understands there are different professional and career pathways for people. Whether your career path includes college or if you learned on the job and through your own work experience, we want to talk with you about your specifics about this position.
- Pursing an Architectural degree or related degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiarity with the use of BIM software i.e. ArchiCAD, Revit, Bluebeam, and associated programs
- Good written, graphic, and verbal communication skills
- Proficient use of BIM software and associated computer programs
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of sustainable design, construction materials, engineering disciplines, and construction techniques
- Experience working collaboratively as part of a team