Architecture school student working towards graduation. Our internship program is individually tailored to your skillset with a focus on your overall growth and exposure of architecture. Summer Interns are assigned to a primary studio where they assist in the development of design, production, and project documentation under the supervision of a mentor/buddy and Project Architect/Designer.
This is a full-time, temporary, hourly, non-exempt position with an hourly rate of $25.00 per hour.
- Assist with BIM Model(s) in collaboration with the other team members and at the direction of the Job Captain and Project Architect/Designer.
- Produce phase deliverable documents and presentation materials according to office standards, project contract requirements, and the design direction of the Project Architect
- Leading the constructing and maintenance of the project BIM Model(s) at the direction of the Project Architect/Designer
- Review and coordinate the work of BIM Modelers and Junior Designers to ensure overall quality and accuracy of the BIM Model and 2D documentation and adherence to QKA standards
- Organize, collaborate with and lead with other members of the project team in the production of BIM Model and 2D documentation
- Ensure compliance, in cooperation with the Project Architect, with all building codes, DSA (and other agency) procedures, related forms, applications, and processes
- Coordination of consultant work in cooperation with the Project Architect, including review and integration of 3D BIM Models and 2D work
- Attend job site meetings, issue supplemental instructions and RFI responses, process submittals and drawings review during Construction Administration
- Coach and mentor junior staff, share experiences and lessons learned to increase the firm’s common knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or equivalent education/experience required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the field of Architecture developing BIM Models and 2D Documentation
- Understanding of BIM standards and practices
- Proficient use of BIM software and associated computer programs
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of sustainable design, construction materials, engineering disciplines, and construction techniques
- Experience working collaboratively as part of a team